Hi everybody! It’s that time again where Vic and Ry deliver spoiler free reviews of some books from this week.
1) We Stand On Guard #3 – Yeah…that interrogation scene is gonna stick with Vic and Ry for a while. Whip smart, social commentary and brutally violent.
2) Deadpool VS Thanos #1 – The world’s most screwed up love triangle. Deadpool loves Death, Thanos loves Death and Death loves Deadpool. Let the shenanigans begin!
3) Jupiter’s Circle #6 – One of the best superhero comics out now isn’t really about super powers, tights or capes. Mark Millar is telling a story of real life drama and situations hidden behind the curtain of a super team’s origin story.
4) Providence #4 – Alan Moore is the reincarnation of H. P. Lovecraft. He is dropping the mic with this legitimately terrifying story set in a Lovecraftian world. The “letters” page alone is worth picking this title up.
5) Thors #3 – Why is someone killing all the Donald Blakes and Jane Fosters on all the Battleworlds? How does Loki know that the world isn’t what it seems? This title is for fans of Law and Order and N.Y.P.D. Blue. Excellent crime story.
6) Plutona #1 – Very interesting first issue. Ryan is curious to see what direction this book goes with issue #2.